Vine Moon: Celtic Tree Calendar
The Autumn Equinox, when night and day are equal length, occurs during the month of the Vine Moon and will help you to realign your energy to prepare for the dark half of the year.
This is a time to value input from others because collaborative work brings insights and networks that are made under the Vine Moon may prove useful in the forthcoming months.
Time to consolidate
Focus on energy that resolves, cast peace to end an argument or use prosperity energy to help you settle bills and pay off existing debts. Energy must be balanced with action now, so use nature’s last burst of energy, visible in the vibrant autumn colours, to inspire you to complete projects begun earlier in the year.
Invest in your health by eating foods packed with vitamin C to stave off colds as the weather declines. Boost your energy levels with herbal drinks.
Fertility and concentration
The vine is the only plant in the Celtic Tree Calendar that is not native to Britain, although it features in much Bronze Age art. It was cultivated by migrants from Southern Europe.
The name vine comes from the word ‘viere’, meaning ‘to twist’. This refers to the Druidic concept of spiritual development.
In the colder north, the vine was substituted with the bramble, another popular fruit for wine-making. Both fruits are used in money energy and are linked to fairies.
Pictures of grapevines were pained onto garden walls in ancient Rome to ensure the fertility of the household.
Eating grapes and blackberries is a magical remedy that aids memory and concentration.
Vine Moon energy
Use your energy during the month of the Vine Moon to restore peace to troubled relationship and to bring prosperity and fertility into your life.
Try the following charms and remedies to stay in tune with the magical powers of the season.
- Catch a falling leaf and make a wish.
- Place a grapeseed in a glass of red wine and drink on the night of the full Moon to attract riches.
use this ancient energy to help you to be fruitful at this time of the year.
- Place a bunch of grapes in a bowl in your bedroom (or office if it’s a project, not a baby you’re delivering).
- Next say, “Spirit of Vine, I open myself to your powers.”
- Take some time to collect your thoughts and then make your wish.
- Finish the charm by eating a grape and saying, “so mote it be”
Equinox peace energy
Use your energy to bring peace to a troubled relationship or to help heal any conflict or dispute.
You will need:
- A white candle
- A white ribbon
- Pen and paper
- Hold the candle and say, “I dedicate this candle to peace.”
- Write a list of grievances that caused the conflict
- Light the candle and focus on sending love to the other party
- Burn the list in the flame saying, “For the sake of peace, I let it go.”
- Light the candle for a few moments each night and focus on peace.
- Tie the ribbon to a bramble or vine. When the leaves have all fallen, peace will be restored.
Use this prosperity pie recipe to bring financial fortune into your life.
You will need:
- Shortcrust pastry
- Pie dish
- Spring water
- Gather a basket of blackberries from brambles and leave a single hair from our head as an offering of thanks.
- Wash the fruit in spring water saying, “Water of life, take my strife.”
- Place the fruit in a pie dish, add sugar and say, “Life grows sweet.” Try to imagine all golden light entering the fruit mix.
- Roll out the pastry and visualise the prosperous life you desire.
- Top the pie with the pastry and decorate with vine patterns saying,”The energy’s complete.”
- Bake in a moderate oven for 35 minutes and share with friends.