Crystal gem remedies are made from water infused with crystal energy and charged by the Sun or Moon. They help to restore physical and emotional health and to promote spiritual growth. Crystal gem remedies can be taken over a prolonged period of time to treat ongoing conditions.
Healing with Crystal Waters
Crystal infused remedies can be taken in a variety of ways.
- Five drops in a glass of water to be taken twice daily.
- a couple of drops applied undiluted, directly under the tongue.
- Applied to the body at a pulse point.
- Ten drops added to a bath.
Crystals to Avoid using in Remedies
Most crystals are safe to use in remedies, but there are a few that should be avoided. Certain stones will leach out metals and minerals into the water, which cannot be processed by the body. A list of these toxic substances is given here along with the crystals in which they are found.
Crystal Remedy Exercise
Follow these simple steps to make your own gem remedy. Use sunlight or moonlight to imbue your chosen crystal with healing energy.
You will need:
- A small bowl
- Water (dew, distilled or mineral)
- Your desired crystal
- A dark glass jar for storage
The crystal you use for your remedy does not need to be large for its energies to infuse the water, so you don't need to spend out on expensive chunks of crystal.
- Pick a light source
- Remedies using sunlight will need a bare minimum of three hours to infuse, which moonlight remedies should be made between the new and full moon.
- Charge the crystal
- Position the crystal in the bowl of water so it will catch the rays of the Sun or Moon. Leave until sunrise if you are using moonlight, or for at least three hours in sunlight.
- Add the brandy
- Decant the water into the glass jar until it is half full and top the remedy up with brandy. Placing the crystal in the jar will make the remedy stronger and more potent.
- Storing the remedy
- Label your remedy, noting when you made it, the light source and crystal used and what it is for. Properly store in a cool, dark place, it can keep for up to three years.
The healing power of each type of crystal is linked to a different ailment or ailments. For physical conditions, the remedy should be made in sunlight, while spiritual, emotional and mental remedies require moonlight.
This stone is thought to help maintain general health and can also be used in a remedy to treat insomnia.
This beautiful orange-gold-coloured gem can ease muscular strain and help if you have memory problems.
The name of this stone originates from the Greek word 'amethystos', which means 'not drunken'. Amethyst can be used to treat alcoholism and it can also help to boost the body's immune syste,
Use this stone in crystal remedies to treat skin conditions such as eczema or sunburn. Aventurine can also help to counter-attack negative emotions such as excessive pride or rigidity.
If you suffer from low self-esteem, use this gem to help build up your self-confidence.
In keeping with its name, this stone can help circulatory problems. It is also a good remedy for insecurity and attention-seeking tendencies.
Malachite can help to relieve the uncomfortable symptoms of menstrual problems.
If you have weak bone composition, this crystal can be used as a remedy. Onyx can also help to soothe an impatient nature.
Use this crystal if you feel in need of protection from negative influences. It can also provide a valuable boost to your general health and feeling of wellbeing.
Named for its resemblance to the eye of a tiger, this stone can be used in remedies to heal eye problems. It is also an excellent treatment to combat a fear of success.